Sunday, November 11, 2012

Let it snow

I really thought I was ready for winter to get here. After weeks in the 60's and 70's, I was actually pretty excited when the forecast called for snow this weekend. What I apparently forgot is that with snow comes cold and wind and I don't like either of those one little bit. I also don't particularly care for the rain/snow mix that we ended up getting. It's a mixture I've dubbed 'snain'. Everything is icy and crusty today because of it. We ended up getting just enough to look messy, too. The streets are pretty dry and you can still see the tops of the blades of grass. This is definitely not the snow that I was looking for.

I'm wanting snow of the variety that shuts schools and businesses down, which is a rarity here. But I want it on a day when I have nothing to do but sit by the fire with a book and a cup of hot spiced rum. Usually those storms come on days that, for whatever reason, I have to drag my butt to work or out to run errands. And, here's the kicker, I only want it once. I don't want a winter full of it, just one good storm and then let it be over with. It gets both boring and obnoxious when it happens frequently.

Oh well, they say beggars can't be choosers so I guess I'm stuck with this crappy snow until winter really gets here.  Then I'm sure it'll dump on us hard because I had the audacity to complain about the dusting we've gotten so far. It'll happen because of cosmic spite. Snow karma, if you will. One of these days, I'll learn to keep my thoughts to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment